All films from the Midlands’ Women’s History Network conference on 5 March 2016 are now available online via the Women’s History Network West Midlands youTube channel.
The films include a 5-minute round-up of the event, and each of the day’s presentations:
‘The Kitchen is the Key to Victory’: Women, Food and the Great War
- Professor Karen Hunt – University of Keele
Everybody’s talking about food: food and women’s magazines in the First World War
- Jennifer Doyle – Kings College, University of London
Everybody’s Business: Film, Food & Victory in the First World War
- Dr Stella Hockenhull- University of Wolverhampton
Researching Home, Food and Family: Panel Discussion and Q&A
- Professor Maggie Andrews -University of Worcester and Voices of War and Peace Community Engagement Centre lead on Gender and the Home Front
- Susanne Atkin – independent researcher participating in WW1 in the Vale (HLF-funded project)
- Julia Letts – Oral Historian and project co-ordinator for The Great Blackberry Pick (HLF-funded project)
- Dr Janis Lomas – Independent Researcher
- Chaired by Jenni Waugh – Community History consultant and project co-ordinator for WW1 in the Vale (HLF-funded project)
Filmed for us by James McDonald of Clear Picture Productions.