- Overview of the various forms of social media available
- Introduction to blogging and WordPress
- ‘Nested baskets’ – social media to enhance engagement
- Social media as a support for your own CPD
- N-etiquette and profile building
Social media is inescapable and extremely useful. Well managed, it can provide a vital and cost-effective suite of tools for promoting your service, increasing audience engagement and enhancing the visitor experience.
Currently providing social media consultancy to the team at the Museum of Carpet, I have 10 years experience of training digital skills and the development of quality user-generated content.
I have delivered short courses on the topics listed above to a range of West Midlands museum services, HLF Skills for the Future trainees, BBC Learning volunteers, the Marches Network and the Museums on the Move team.
‘An excellent overview of social media and its use for Tudor House’
‘[I have gained] Awareness and improved knowledge of possibilities and… confidence in applying them’