I’m Jenni, and I became a consultant by accident. In 2009, I was between jobs for the BBC and the cultural sector and I was asked to do a few days marketing for the Renaissance WM Family Friendly Network… Then I was asked to give a training workshop… Avoncroft Museum of Historic Buildings commissioned an Audience Survey as preparation for the next phase of their HLF-funded development… and so it grew until I established the consultancy company in 2014!
In a nutshell…
We work with heritage, arts and community organisations to help them communicate better and to more people about the great stuff they have, make and do.
Basically, we love sharing how brilliant our cultural resources are with people who might not have realised the value these things could have for them.
We specialise in audience development, community engagement and organisational development for heritage and arts organisations, with a particular focus on work with older people, diverse communities and with children and adults with learning disabilities.
I have worked with a wide range of clients across the West Midlands as:
- Evaluator and researcher, researching cultural organisations’ contribution to wellbeing, learning and the regional economy
- Coach and facilitator, encouraging teams of staff and volunteers to bring out their best and develop successful funding and accreditation applications
- Change agent, helping organisations to pinpoint and instigate cultural change
- Trainer and mentor, specialising in communication, digital media, archive management, community engagement, equality and diversity
- Match-maker, connecting cultural and community organisations to increase the sum of your parts
- Project manager, delivering activities of varying scale and complexity on time and in budget
Jenni has been a member of the Arts Council England National Museum Accreditation Committee since December 2019.
The company has been an associate of Durnin Research since 2017.
Clients include: Birmingham Museums Trust, Catcher Media, Open Theatre Company, Alarum Theatre, WMMD: West Midlands Museum Development, University of Birmingham, Arts Connect West Midlands; The Marches Network; Warwickspace; University of Worcester; Wolverhampton Archives, Museums & Galleries; Birmingham City Council; MLA; and Renaissance West Midlands
Previous employment: World of Kays Project Manager, University of Worcester; Regional Learning Project Manager and Peoples War Outreach Officer (West Mids), BBC Learning; Access & Social Policy Officer, MLA West Mids; and Archivist, Surrey History Service.